8 benefits of vitamin water recipes :
1) You and your family stay hydrated.
2) You benefit from the vitamins and minerals that are water soluble (Vitamin C, potassium, etc.).
3) You avoid using chemicals that are sold on the market. (water taste inhancers)
4) Your water will look more appealing to you and your family.
5) You benefit from the direct consumption of fruit and therefore have a better intake of dietary fiber during the day.
6) You benefit from the antioxidants found in fruits and herbs used in these recipes.
7) You reduce your consumption of sugary drinks such as soft drinks or fruit juices.
8) You get to use your ripe fruits and reduce wasting.
Ingredients in a chemical taste enhancer found on the market:
Water, malic acid, propylene glycol, citric acid, contains less than 2% natural flavors, sucralose and acesulfame potassium (sweeteners), potassium citrate, red 40 (color), potassium sorbate (preservative)
Now here are 8 vitamin water recipes that will give some extra ‘oumf’ to your water :
Mix in a pitcher: 10 cups of water + 1 cucumber and a lemon, thinly sliced + 1/4 cup fresh finely chopped basil leaf + 1/3 of finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
2) The granite : Strawberry/Lime vitamin water.
Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 6 strawberries and one thinly sliced lime + 12 finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
3) The digestive : Fennel/citrus vitamin water.
First: infuse 1 to 3 grams of dried and crushed fennel seeds in 150 ml of boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool.
Mix in a pitcher: 10 cups of water + lemon juice (put the leftover lemon in the mix) + a small thinly sliced orange + 12 fresh chopped mint leaves + the infusion of fennel seeds. Leave in refrigerator overnight before serving.
4) The antiOX : Blackberry/Sage vitamin water.
Note that a part from the berries, sage leafs is the herb that has the highest antioxidant content.
Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of blackberries that have been very slightly crushed + 3-4 sage leaves. Leave in refrigerator overnight before serving.
Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of watermelon cut into cubes + 2 rosemary stems. Leave in refrigerator overnight before serving. (I particularly like this book, it covers all aspects of growing, handling, and cooking with fresh herbs.)
6) The exotic : Pineapple/Mint vitamin water.
Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of pineapple cut into cubes + 12 fresh mint leaves finely chopped. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
7) The traditional : Appel/cinnamon vitamin water.
Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of apple cut into cubes + 2 cinnamon sticks + 2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
8.) The zingibir : Ginger/tea vitamin water.
In advance: heat 1 teaspoon of ginger in two cups of tea, let it cool down.
Mix in a pitcher: 10 cups of water with two cups of the ginger tea + 4-5 pieces of fresh ginger cut into cubes. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Do you have any other suggestions of vitamin water recipes? If so, it will be great if you could share it in a comment below.
And while you are here, check out these 10 dessert recipes made of beans, tofu or vegetables : Link.
You can join The Club here.
It is an online step by step nutrition counseling program.
You will learn how to implement great eating habits one step at a time.
You will finally learn how to eat ‘pleasure food’ without feeling guilty about it.
And I will be there for you all through the process of change.
I guarantee you will find the club very very insightful. LINK here.
All the best,
This content was originally published here.